Friday, April 23, 2021

Drawing of the front of my 4th grade classroom

 



Description:  white letter paper drawing in pencil of the front of my 4th grade classroom


Story: The details are a bit fuzzy on this one.  I think there was a thing where stuff from the school could be submitted to the county fair.  I don’t know if I got a ribbon or certificate, but I recall it won some sort of prize.   I obviously had not learned anything about perspective and only knew a tiny bit about drawing three dimensional shapes.  Mostly I sat at my desk with the paper and tried to draw what I saw in front of me.  I left out some details and drew it all free hand without using any kind of straight edge.  I really wanted to fill the page and in that it was a pretty good effort, though even when I drew it I was bothered by the fact that you can’t see where the floor ends and the wall begins.  I had a lot of issues with the teacher's chair.  Part of the reason the floor is so dark under the desk is that I was covering up my light pencil attempts to get the wheels right.  I was never happy with it.  They hardly look like they match the back of the chair that I also had issues with.  I do rather like the effect of having the PA system box with sound lines coming out of it.  I also played a bit with texture on the bulletin board.


You can tell it got pinned up a few times with the holes in the upper corners and there is some soot damage at the top again.


No comments:

Post a Comment